6.26.2008

To have loved and lost.....

I got an email today that absolutely floored me. One of my friends emailed me and opened up to me about some very personal things. I feel blessed that she was able to tell me about these things. I asked her if I could repost her email here and she agreed. I wanted to post it here because it helped me refocus. I have never been in this situation and I hope I never am. God bless her and her little girls. They say that it is better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all.....I'm not so sure that's always true:

I am posting this in remembrance to two very precious lives and those they touched:

Okay. Good. I know that I was talking about pregnancy with you and I didn't know if that upset you. The reason I only have one child is because in 2000 I was pregnant with girls and I was so excited. I went into premature labor when I was 7 months and there due date was July 11th. I gave birth to them and they only lived a short time. One lived for 3 days and the other for a little over a week. One had a heart condition, the other developed an infection. It was the hardest thing I ever had to go through. The anniversary of their would be birthday is coming up and it is very difficult for me around this time. My boyfriend ( who would have been the girls father) is taking me away that weekend because he knows it is a hard time for me. It is also hard when the date of their "birth" comes around but that has already passed. My girls are buried in the same cemetery as my father and my brother so I like to think that they take care of each other. My daughters names are Mia Christina and Lillie Ana and I really miss them. They were a week away from being 8 months when they were born. I know that is why my boyfriend is afraid for me to get pregnant again because he is afraid of the same thing happening. I go to visit them when i visit my dad and my brother. I also visit them on the day they were "born". My family says it is unhealthy but I don't know what else to do, I just don't want to forget them. For a brief time they were here, a part of the world, a part of life, and they will always be a part of me. Every year for earth day my son and I plant 2 trees in honor of them. Well, I'm rambling on, I'll talk to you soon.
XOXOXOXO

No comments: