8.15.2008

So Much for Fun and Frolic.....

So if i ever see another butterfly needle it will definately be to soon. After 6 vials of blood yesterday and So if I ever see another butterfly needle again it will be to soon. I'm sure I will see another one shortly. I mean 11 or 12 vials of blood in two days couldn't possibly be enough. My arms arm both sore. The lady blew out my vein on the one side so I a have big bruise on one side and it's all hard underneath the skin. Lovely. I basically look like I've been shooting Smack without the benefit of the high. I was told I needed to make an appointment today to get more blood drawn because I had to do a fasting 2 hour glucose test. Yeah....the kind you do when your pregnant. So I took the 7 am appointment because it was right when they opened and since I was going to have to take my 6 year old with me I figured we would be the first ones and then we wouldn't have to wait anymore then the two hours. In theory that all should have worked just as I planned. We got there at 6:55 and there were 6 people already waiting. I didn't know you had to camp out the night before to be the first person in line. I'm still not sure why I had to make a 7am appointment because they never even registered me until 7:45. They took me back and took 5 or so (i lost count) vials out of one arm and then gave me this nasty drink. I had 5 minutes to drink it. I tasted like really really really really really sweet orange kool aid. After all of that my time could start. So needless to say, we didn't get out of there until after 10 o'clock. My son was a trooper. I had him pack a bag with a bunch of things to do and he did really well. It probably also helped that I promised him Pizza Hut afterwards! I was starvin after all I hadn't eatin at all yet.
They called from Shady Grove and said we had to reschedule Glenn's appointment to the following week because their andrologist wasn't going to be in that day.....grrrrrrr. He had already asked off work and I had rearranged my schedule. Okay...so we did that and I have my HSG scheduled for next Thursday. I have to also start on birth control pills for the next 3 weeks. They want to see if that will help to dissolve the cyst that is on my ovary. After 3 weeks they want us to go in and meet with Dr. McKeeby again. I don't know where we will go from there. And these are the days of our lives.........

No comments: